Thank you to everyone who attended the Open House at the historic Methodist-Episcopal Church at the East Richmond Cemetery on August 24, 2014. Attendance was nearly 100 on a hot and humid afternoon.
Special thanks go to:
- My Helpers – Shirley, Allison, Alexandra, Arlene, and Charles;
- Lisa, who provided beautiful flute music for the afternoon;
- McDonald’s Restaurant, Delavan, who donated Orange Drink and cups for 100 people;
- Cookie Bakers, who provided a variety of cookies, including Norwegian Sandbakkels and Krumkake;
- Area ministers, who helped spread the word about the Open House;
- Area newspapers
- Janesville Gazette, Andrea Anderson, reporter;
- Daily Jefferson County Union, Chris Welch, reporter;
- Delavan Enterprise, Vicky Wedig, Editor; and, the
- Whitewater Banner Web Site.
Many of you made monetary donations and I thank you very much for your generosity. The donations totaled over $500 and will be used to begin the restoration of the windows.
Near the completion of this project, we want to have another Open House to celebrate the restoration of this historic church. Until then, with your support and encouragement, we will keep working!
A few snapshots of the Open House are shown below.